Contact the Information Officer
- If you have any requests or complaints relating to the information we process about you and your access to that information, you may contact our Information Officer Jeroen Seynhaeve (REF 1363/2021-2022/IRRTT) at email, subject to the conditions listed in our POPIA/PAIA manual
- Some (anonymous) information about your website usage may be collected automatically by accessing and using this website, and other (personal) information may be processed by us after you have voluntarily consented to share it with us.
- We are bound by conditions for the lawful processing of (personal) information as set out by the Protection of Personal Information Act, 4 of 2013 (“POPIA”), and by conditions for accessing this information as set out in the Promotion of Access to Information Act, 2 of 2000 (“PAIA”).
- Information that is automatically collected by accessing and using this website, cannot be traced back to you. It is anonymous information, and may include the IP address your device uses to connect to the Internet, device and browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system, page interaction and navigation. The information is collected by Google Analytics, and used by us to better understand how our website is accessed and used. If you don’t want us to collect this information, you can change the Cookie Settings, install this browser add-on or change the cookie settings in your browser. That is not something we can do for you. Just remember that some website functionalities require cookies to work. For example, this website will still function as it should without Google’s cookies, but our online shopping facility may not work if you disable all cookies.
Personal information received from you
- Personal information is information by which you may be identified.
- We only process personal information that you voluntarily submit to us, and use it for the purpose we indicate at the time of collection. If we want to use your personal information for any other purpose, we will ask you before we do, and you may refuse.
- You warrant that all personal information provided by you is accurate, complete and not misleading.
Personal information received from third parties
- Before you share personal information about other people with us, read this
- Before we agree to receive personal information from third parties, we require evidence of their compliance with the notification obligations in terms of Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (“GDPR”) and Section 12(b) of POPIA (for EU citizens) and in terms of Section 18 of POPIA (for all other citizens).
Section 18 POPIA notification
- (a) INFORMATION – We may need to collect and process information that identifies you, other people, or a juristic person, or information of a private or confidential nature as part of our normal business operations, for purposes listed in (c) below. This information may include, but not be limited to your name, surname, email address, phone numbers, physical, postal and delivery address, credit card information, and personal views, preferences and requirements;
- (b) RESPONSIBLE PARTY – The responsible party is Jeroen Seynhaeve T/A Online Brand Ambassadors;
- (c) PURPOSE – We must process personal information about you to comply with company, tax, data protection and access to information regulation. We may need to process personal information about you to pursue our legitimate interests, to communicate with you about queries, products or services you have requested, and to negotiate, perform or conclude our contracts and transactions with you. We may process personal information about you for the purpose of direct marketing, but only after you have consented and only for as long as you do not withdraw that consent. Where there is no obligation, legitimate interest or consent, we may ask you to consent to any further processing of your information;
- (d) SUPPLY – We only request and process information about you that is adequate, relevant and proportionate to the purpose for which we collect it. To enable us to comply with our legal and contractual obligations with you, it is mandatory for you to supply the information listed in (a) to us;
- (e) CONSEQUENCES – Should there be instances where particular information may be withheld by you, we will indicate the consequences of doing so on a case by case basis;
- (f) LAW – Company, tax, data protection and access to information law authorises or requires us to process the information listed in (a);
- (g) THIRD COUNTRIES – We do not transfer your personal information across South African borders. The servers we process your information on, are located in South Africa;
- RECIPIENTS – We do not share your personal information with third parties, other than Operators that are contracted by us to manage your information on our behalf in terms of sections 20 and 21 POPIA. These Operators (may) include accountants, auditors, government institutions, and onlinebrandambassadors.com who manage our website and email.
- (h) YOUR RIGHTS – As prescribed in our POPIA/PAIA manual, you have the right to request access to information we process about you, and the right to request amendments. If you have reasonable grounds related to your particular situation, you may also object to our processing of your personal information. You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Regulator at JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001, P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017, Tel No. +27 (0) 10 023 5207, complaints.IR@justice.gov.za, email@example.com
Privacy The content of correspondence, including but not limited to email, fax, and text messages we send to you personally, is never intended for public access – it is intended for the addressee only, and may include protected personal information about us, you, other people or juristic persons. If you are not the intended recipient of such correspondence, do not forward, disseminate or publish its content – doing so may be a violation of data protection regulation. Please notify us and destroy the content. We apologise for any inconvenience, and guarantee to rectify the mistake with immediate effect.
Security You accept that no correspondence can be guaranteed to be 100% secure or error free. We do not accept liability for any errors in its content, or for harm resulting from the unauthorised interception, access, use, publication, dissemination or destruction of its content.